Lufthansa Cargo, the market leader in the international airfreight industry, is looking for a self-motivated, qualified and proactive student (m/f) to support our team in New York.
The internship will comprise of hands-on experience with Commercial Management, Sales Steering, Accounting as well as Project and Process Management topics. Learn about Lufthansa Cargo’s Operational Processes, Cost and Revenue Management as well as LEAN.
This position will report to the Lufthansa Cargo Regional Commercial Manager (US Northeast).
Tasks and topics include, but not limited to:
- Cost and Revenue Management: evaluation of cost and revenue drivers, proposal for optimization, cost and unit balancing, revenue tracking, earning opportunities etc.
- Project/LEAN Management: Participate directly in a strategic 6+ month process transformation project within operative Accounting
- Accounting: Accruals, adhoc/recurring reporting, budgeting, business cases, adhoc costing
- Process/Workflow Management: Support cost-effective processes by evaluating and altering workflows
- Support Sales Manager with monitoring of financial and non-financial KPI’s
- Support Commercial Manager with reporting, presentations and steering impulses
- Ad-hoc tasks
- At the date of the internship you have completed the 3rd semester in a business related study program
- You are enrolled in a university during the entire period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faq/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit
- You must have very good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- You are willing to learn and work on a team member level and you have a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- You are data-driven person with an affinity for figures and experience with statistical analyses
- You are able to proactively and thoroughly evaluate processes and drivers, to come up with own suggestions and to execute changes
- You have the capacity to reliably self-manage time and prioritize tasks, also you are able to self-motivate yourself and to be coached and evaluated
- You have an educational background in the field of Business and Project and/or LEAN and/or Process and/or Workflow Management
- You are an advanced user of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Cognos applications