Lufthansa Cargo, the market leader in the international airfreight industry, is looking for a self-motivated and qualified student (m/f) who commits him/herself and uses own initiative to support the Management in Chicago, IL, USA.
The selected applicant will support the sales and handling teams in the U.S. Midwest by applying his/her knowledge, skills, and learning abilities into practical solutions. The applicant will support the staff mostly by processing analytical information, along with other various day to day activities.
You will be working in a close-knit team of managers and will be expected to conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner.
In our rapidly changing line of business, flexibility is a must. Job duties may change between now and the start of the internship. However, the following tasks should raise your interest before applying:
- Periodic monitoring and reporting of Sales, Quality and other applicable Regional Key Performance Indicators (budget fulfilment, C2K, eFreight, Channel, punctuality, etc.)
- Monitor capacity and allotment utilization; prepare related statistics and communication where relevant
(internal and/or external)
- Collect and maintain data relevant to sales, market, quality and cost for short- and medium- term planning, pricing, reporting, and sales steering
- Prepare customer profile reports and assist in the analysis of market performance
- Assist in the preparation and report target fulfilment of contracts
- Assist management in the coordination of meetings.
- Maintain customer database and process new customer setup
- Ad-hoc tasks as per management requirements. All of the above using relevant common-use computer applications as well as Lufthansa Cargo's proprietary electronic data processing systems (CRM, booking engines, Cognos, etc.)
- At the date of your internship you have completed the 2nd semester of your study in Business Administration
- Enrolled during the whole period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between Bachelor and Master studies (Gap-Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faq/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit
- You must have very good communication skills in English (written and spoken). You have strong analytical skills, affinity to figures, attention to detail and willingness to perform complex, lengthy calculations
- You have very good skills applying and using IT systems and tools, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Outlook
- Have the ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- You are committed and have the ability to work independently and under stress
- You are a team player and have very good social skills
- You are able to familiarize yourself quickly with new topics
- Former experience in logistics, airline industry a plus
Important before applying: non-German candidates must have:
- a place of residence in Germany
- a German bank account
- a German tax ID number or a tax certificate
- Certificate of membership issued by a health insurance authority (Krankenkassenmitgliedsbescheinigung) and
- social insurance number (Sozialversicherungs-Nummer)