Lufthansa Cargo is looking for motivated, qualified and proactive student (m/f) to support our team.
The selected applicant will support the Director of Sales & Handling and the regional organization in process management and special projects by applying theoretical knowledge into practical solutions. Additionally, the intern will support the staff in various monitoring and reporting functions and will contribute to improve qualitative and quantitative results.
The intern (m/f) will be working in a close-knit team and is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional and mature manner.
In our rapidly changing line of business, flexibility is a must. Job duties may change between now and the start of the internship.
However, the following tasks should raise your interest before applying:
- Support the Director of Sales & Handling along with the Sales and Handling Teams in day to day activities and special projects
- Assist in the development of existing projects and reports
- Making decisions and exposure to real-life experience in a business environment
- Monitoring and improving Key Performance Indicators
- Preparing and taking part in weekly meetings
- Assist in planning and participate in marketing events and industry fairs
- Gather and evaluate statistical data to improve gaps within the processes
- Being part of a Regional Team and becoming an active player within the team
- Preparing data for different topics and be active in the roll out of new processes
- At the date of the internship you have completed the 2nd semester in business administration or similar study program
- Enrolled during the whole period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between Bachelor and Master studies (Gap-Year), more information about Gap-Year you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faq/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit
- Very good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- Strong analytical skills, affinity to figures and experience with statistical analysis
- Team player and very good social skills
- Ability to familiarize yourself quickly with new topics
- Very good skills applying and using IT systems and tools, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook. VBA is a plus
- Former experience in logistics and/or airline industry also a plus
Important before applying:
- a place of residence in Germany
- a German bank account
- a German tax ID number or a tax certificate
- Certificate of membership issued by a health insurance authority (Krankenkassenmitgliedsbescheinigung) and social insurance number (Sozialversicherungsnummer)