At Lufthansa Cargo, the Warehouse Agent Junior is responsible for the safe and efficient physical handling of cargo and mail (including documents) under supervision. She/he works in accordance with the Cargo Handling Manual (CHM) & Ground Operations Manual (GOM).
Within the operational targets set by the Head of Sales & Handling, Cargo Supervisor and/or Warehouse Agent Senior the Warehouse Agent Junior performs the following duties:
- Physical acceptance, R4C and security check.
- Storage of cargo.
- ULD Build-up and monitoring/supporting external staff.
- Weighing ULD/Trolley.
- Signing ULD Tag.
- Physical Breakdown.
- Reporting of irregularities (missing, damages, …) and non-declared DGR Hand over freight to Customer.
- Works according to documented CHM and GOM procedures.
- Observes and applies the security requirements of LCAG and local authorities.
- Performs all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
- High school diploma/GED desirable.
- Fluent English required.
- Other language required.
- Qualification according to CHM / GOM.
- Computer skills as user.
- Good Cost consciousness.
- Good detail oriented.
- Good Innovation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good Understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Strong Problem Solving.
- Strong quality consciousness.
- Strong productivity driven.
- Strong reasoning ability.
- Strong safety and security.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.
- Good ability to work under pressure.
- Good adaptability.
- Good assimilation.
- Good change management.
- Good conflict skills management.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong customer service.
- Strong commitment.
- Strong corporate awareness.
- Strong flexibility.
- Good independence.
- Good initiative.
- Strong intercultural awareness.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment.
- Strong professionalism.
- Excellent reliability.
- Strong responsibility.
- Excellent teamwork.
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime.
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure.
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels.
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be willing to work outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work with noise pollution.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
- Authority to sign receipts for cargo or mail in accordance with acceptance and delivery procedures.
- Authority to sign ULD receipts.
- Authority to weigh and tag ULDs.
*Company will not provide relocation assistance.