Lufthansa Cargo, the market leader in the international airfreight industry, is looking for a self-motivated and qualified student (m/f) who commits him/herself and uses own initiative to support the Customer Solutions Team (CST) in Atlanta, USA.
The CST handles irregularities in transit for missing & found cargo, Air Way Bill amendment, return of wrong shipment, missing documents, damaged cargo and second replanned after offloads. Therefore, the CST is in contact with the customers and different departments, which are included during the handling process, to guarantee the best solution for the customer.
The intern will support the CST in its current projects such as improvement of CST performance and project support as part of the Lufthansa Cargo Evolution Strategy, working alongside all team members.
In our rapidly changing line of business, flexibility is a must. Job duties may change between now and the start of the internship. However, the following tasks should raise your interest before applying.
- Design and create new methods, tools and ideas to further enhance Lufthansa Cargo’s after sales support for handling irregularities
- Apply planning and analytical skills to support business and process improvement projects
- Draw conclusions from evaluations and present results to managers in charge for better decision-making/ process development
- Prepare customer and station profile reports and assist in the analysis of LCAG’s service market performance
- Lead own projects to optimize internal work processes
- Support the CST in day-to-day activities and special projects
- At the date of the internship you are studying business administration, business management, industrial engineering or other related fields
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship (please attach the current certificate of enrollment) or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information about Gap Year you can find here: https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faqs-be-lufthansa/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit/
- You already gained practical experience during other relevant internships
- You must have very good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- You have strong analytical skills, affinity to figures and experience with statistical analysis
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office applications
- You have the ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and self-organization under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a team player and have very good social skills
- You are able to familiarize yourself quickly with new topics
- Former experience in logistics or airline industry is a plus
Further mandatory administrative requirements:
- You must fulfill all criteria to get a J-1 visa for the USA
- A place of residence in Germany
- A German bank account
- A German tax ID number or a tax certificate
- Certificate of membership issued by a health insurance authority (Krankenkassenmitgliedsbescheinigung) and social insurance number (Sozialversicherungs-Nummer)
- Flight to the internship with Lufthansa from Germany to Atlanta and flight back from Atlanta to Germany
- Foreign Health Insurance covered by LCAG
- Various corporate benefit offers
- Working in an international environment
- Experience the workflows of the international airfreight industry leader
Please apply in English. Only applications according American application standards will be accepted.