Lufthansa Cargo AG is looking for a motivated, qualified and proaktive student (m/f/diverse) to support our local team.
The program "Cooperations" is part of “Cargo Evolution” - Lufthansa Cargo's strategy. Lufthansa Cargo is implementing cooperations with airline partners on main trade lanes.
The first cooperation started in 2014 with All Nippon Airways Cargo on routes between Japan and Europe.
A cooperation with Cathay Pacific Cargo started in 2017 ex Hong Kong and ex Europe is planned to start in Q1 2019.
Our most recent cooperation with United Cargo on transatlantic routes started its rollout in May 2018 and is still being implemented for part of its scope.
With cooperations we win - our partner wins - our customer win:
- Cooperations offer sustainable growth opportunities
- We have access to capacities in strategically interesting traffic areas
- Customers benefit in particular due to a wider offer of destinations, faster and more frequent connections and more possibilities
- will get a good look into one of Lufthansa Cargo's strategy program "Cooperations"
- will learn core processes of an airline and cargo company and learn how they are connected
- will get insight into other cargo airlines (ANA Cargo, United Cargo, Cathay Cargo) and will thus receive a wide array of differences in the airline and cargo industry
- will be able to support each joint venture with our partner airlines depending on current priorities at the time
- will be able to steer his function as an intern combined with her or his interests within the cooperations program
- will work with a dedicated, knowledgable and supportive team in the cooperations program
- will experience part of the rollout of our cooperation with Cathay Cargo and/or United Cargo and can support in an active role
- will work on operational as well as on strategic topics and will understand the complex relations within our cooperations
- Support our team in executing strategic projects
- Conduct detailed market and competitor analysis
- Assist the preparation of analysis and reports for the Executive Board and Senior Management
- Support our team in daily operational tasks
- Assist in PMO activities for the cooperations program
- At the time of internship, minimum 3rd Semester of bachelor studies, preferably later in her or his studies
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find here:https://www.be-lufthansa.com/de/faqs-be-lufthansa/lufthansa/praktikum-studienabschlussarbeit/
- Very good english skills are mandatory (verbal and written)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office desired, especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to understand context in complex projects
- Ability to understand core airline processes (revenue management, sales, pricing, network, etc) and to apply this knowledge in your daily tasks
- Strong, self-confident communicator who enjoys working in a team
- You demonstrate commitment, flexibility and the ability to work independently