The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for opportunity management and sales visits in coordination with Inside Sales and Manager Sales & Handling or Manager Sales. S/he performs structured sales visits and opportunity acquisition in coordination with Inside Sales.
Outside Sales and Inside Sales Representatives work together as a team to serve all customers of the specific market.
Within the operational targets set by the Head of Sales & Handling (F/GC), the local Manager Sales & Handling (F/GC-G ) or local Manager Sales (F/GC-X ), the Outside Sales Representative performs the following duties:
Sales and Relationship Management
- Achieves sales budget targets for assigned accounts
- Creates rate offers, with and without guarantee of transportation
- Enters into transportation agreements with customers
- Identifies and manages opportunities with existing customers with the goal to negotiate new profitable business focused on long-term or regular business
- Acquires new customers and identifies new business with the help of LCAG sales tools and external sources of information
- Performs market and account analysis and develops action plans using customer relationship information and internal reports in cooperation with Inside Sales and Commercial Team
- Organizes and performs sales visits including presentations to customers with the aim to market the LCAG product and service portfolio and involves Inside Sales Representative as required
- Organizes customer events
- Maintains customer data and captures sales activities in the CRM tool
- Actively pushes the eChannel usage and promotes eAWB
- Manages capacity agreements such as LTCs in co-operation with Revenue Management as described in the Sales Rule Book
- (Re-)Negotiates special rate agreements and LTCs as per Sales Rule Book considering market developments and customer’s performance
- Develops and sells customer-oriented logistic solutions in collaboration with the Handling department and the Inside Sales Team
- Shares information about activities, offers, strengths and weaknesses of his customers with Commercial Manager, Inside Sales, Sales (&Handling) Manager and Key Account Management
- Actively supports the local customer segmentation process
- Acts as “touch point” for Claims and Complaints and transfers them to Regional Customer Solutions Team (CST), respectively to the Claims departments and/or the accounting team following the process. Promotes the usage of eClaims/Complaints.
- Performs all other duties assigned or delegated by supervisors.
Local / Regional Specifics:
- Is responsible for presenting LCAG product and service portfolio as well as providing sales support and consultancy to customers (forwarding agents and shippers) and colleagues
- Creates new product specific contacts, for targeted mailings/visits and events
- Product specific trainings and marketing
- High school diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- 2-3 years of previous experience in cargo, preferred sales experience or in a related area such as in the transport and logistics industry required
- Fluent English required
- German desirable
- Airfreight, Logistics, Transportation, Sales required
Expert knowledge desirable
- User computer skills
- Advanced IT knowledge, preferably including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of all relevant LH Cargo systems.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
*Cover letter required
*Company may provide relocation assistance