The Head of Commercial leads the Regional Commercial Team. This team combines all functions that support the Regional Head and the Regional unit (F/GCs) in securing LH Cargo's optimum commercial performance on financial and non-financial KPIs. This includes both the revenue/sales side, as well as the cost dimension.
Within the targets set by the Regional Head, the Head of Commercial (Region) performs and oversees the following tasks:
Sales Planning and Performance Management
- Create and implements the annual Regional revenue budget in cooperation with Global Sales Management (F/XG).
- Establishes a Regional business plan in support of LCAG's corporate goals and their translation into local activity.
- Coordinates and supports the Regional units (F/GC's) in all measures ensuring achievement of LCAG's revenue and profitability KPIs: Rev. forcasting, gap analysis and action planning; pricing; load factor optimization (where applicable); product & destination mix, etc.
- Manage all network planning (long term and short term) and capacity adjustments within the Region (incl. SPA & BSA agreements), and liaises with central network management accordingly.
- Where applicable, ensures that the Region's FCTL processes are in line with global standards.
- Where applicable, manages the RFS (Road Feeder Service) cost budget and the optimal setting and use of LCAG trucking network in the Region.
- Ensures a high level of market and customer intelligence for the Region in cooperation with central units (FRA F/XG).
- Interfaces with central product development and product management units, communicating the demands of the market and translating central propduct impulese into Regional sales efforts where applicable.
- Create and implements the annual Regional marketing plan and any other global communication topics in cooperation with the central communication team (F/CI) and the Regional units (F/GC's).
- Coordinate and implements all network- and pricing-communication in the Region.
- Gives guidance to the Regional units for communication-standards & - tools, incl. branding and corporate design topics.
- Organizes and implements the Region's customer- & press events.
- Maintains and applies a Regional performance scorecard in accordance with LCAG's global KPI framework.
- Supports the Regional head and Regional units in achieving LCAG's Financial and non-financial commercial KPI's.
- Creates and implements the annual Regional cost budget in cooperation with central controlling.
- Proactively monitors the cost development of all LCAG units in the Region to ensure optimum cost development. Analyzes existing gaps and support the relevant units in developing corrective actions.
- Coordinates all Regional activities in per suit of "Continuous Improvement (CI)" measures.
- Liaises with LGBS and the CA-organization to ensure cooperation and coordination.
- Supports the implementation of LCAG's commercial processes in the Region and acts as interface to central departments for overarching commercial process topics.
- Takes on special projects and all other duties assigned by the Regional Head.
- Leads the Regional Commercial Team (disciplinary and functional).
- Selects, guides and develops personnel within the guiding principles for personnel management at LCAG.
Experience and Qualifications
- Master or bachelor’s degree with min. 5 - 8 years of relevant professional experience in the logistics or airline industry.
- Business/Economics or Engineering University degree desirable, preferably with emphasis on marketing /sales, commerce and / or logistics
- Good knowledge of Lufthansa Cargo's commercial processes and organization. Ability to connect own activities to the worldwide LH Cargo system independently. Alternatively, excellent knowledge of comparable international airline / logistics industry structures.
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in spoken and written English, basic German knowledge will be highly desirable, but not required.
- Good Knowledge of IT application, in particular with MS office, Excel. Word and Power Point
Technical Competencies and other prerequisites
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Business sense
- Excellent Cost consciousness
- Strong Detail oriented
- Strong Innovation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Understanding of mathematical concepts
- Excellent problem solving
- Strong Productivity Management
- Strong Quality consciousness
- Excellent Productivity driven
- Excellent Reasoning Ability
- Good Safety and Security
- Excellent Strategic Thinking
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Adaptability
- Excellent Assimilation
- Excellent Change Management
- Excellent Oral communication
- Excellent Written communication
- Excellent Conceptual thinking / procedure
- Excellent Conflict management skills
- Excellent Customer orientation
- Strong Customer service
- Excellent Commitment
- Strong Corporate awareness
- Strong Delegation
- Excellent Flexibility
- Strong Independence
- Strong Initiative
- Excellent Intercultural awareness
- Strong Management skills
- Excellent Negotiating skills
- Excellent Professionalism
- Excellent Reliability
- Excellent Tem work
Environmental influences or other encumbrances
- Working under time pressure and high stress levels
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities
- Must possess permit to work
If this is you, please forward your detailed resume with a recent passport sized photograph, including your current and expected salary via online
**We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
**Please submit your application not exceeding 2 MB