Would you like to travel with us in our journey to Cloud?
LH Group has embarked upon an ambitious Cloud First strategy and is in the process of migrating all its applications from a traditional on-prem data center to target cloud environments. To plan and execute this cloud transformation journey, we are setting up a central cloud migration team that will advise, assist and consult the different business units across Lufthansa Group. If you would like to influence, change and shape the future IT Landscape within Lufthansa Group, if you can balance strategy and hands on execution, if you are passionate about cloud, we invite you to be a part of this exciting new team.
As part of the central team, you are expected to contribute to or even lead the technical design & governance for the cloud transformation program. That means in detail:
- Bringing thought leadership in cloud design, cloud management, and continually innovate the migration methods and delivery
- Assisting in cloud adoption across business units
- Defining IT infrastructure/cloud requirements; creating reference architectures, reference templates, reference use cases, decision trees and algorithms in deciding the target landing zones and right migration approaches
- Defining technical standards and governance (e. g. technical service catalog, cloud policy) together with external providers; aligning the migration requirements based on the guiding/reference principles
- Working/Consulting with enterprise architects; overseeing and aligning application architecture and deployment in cloud environments
- Knowing and understanding of security requirements, operational requirements and their implementation in cloud environments
- Consulting application owners/project leads across LH Group for the development of cloud migration strategy and architectures
- Minimum of five years of experience in IT infrastructure including at least three years in cloud based infrastructure
- In-depth understanding of Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud solutions with a specific focus on MS Azure and/or IBM Hybrid Cloud
- Good understanding of cloud technologies, architecture and platforms; Kubernetes, dockers, containerization, security principles, IaaS/PaaS etc.
- Experience of stakeholder management within complex organizations
- Good understanding of DevOps principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience using project management tools (e. g. MS Project, MS Visio), templates and processes to manage the delivery of cloud migration program/projects
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Passion and drive for continuous learning, curious in nature
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for cloud with knowledge of different cloud architecture environments and its core concepts.